Add account customers
Customers are divided into two sections:
- Account customers: All the customers that are based at the account locations
- Key Customers: important customers associated with the account – the people you need to reach in order to achieve the business plan
Important: Key Customers are influencers in the account and do not have to be selected from the account locations. Key customers can also be added to the account from the Influence Map.
- Open the account and navigate to Customers
- Ensure the Key Customers tab is active
- Click Add Key Customers on the Actions Tab to open the customer selection list.
- Customers linked to the account locations can be found by clicking the + button to open the Account Locations section.
- Navigate through the location geographies or use the search function to find the customers you wish to add.
- Highlight each customer in the list and click the Select Customers button before moving onto the next page.
- When the list is complete, click the Confirm Selection button.
Depending on your set-up you may have the opportunity to assign roles to each of the key customers
Tick the checkbox at the top of the list to select all customers, or tick the checkbox next to one or more customer names to provide further optional information about each key customer.
Role: Defined by your organisation, click the role to indicate decision makers, influencers, gatekeepers, etc.
Relationship Level: Click the icon to indicate your relationship with the customer, or their position with regards to your product.
Notes: Click in the field and type any notes relevant to the customer.
Click the OK button to add the customers to the account.