Data Explorer – Carry out the search
Once the entity data has been displayed, you can refine your search to calculate the records that meet certain criteria. The standard way to do this is to apply filters, reducing the data set bit-by-bit until you reach the required result, but other options are available.
The Search Criteria box shows all the filtering options that are available. The different headers open different criteria which are relevant to the entity selected.
The Search Criteria box is dynamic and will change depending on the last search carried out, offering only criteria relevant to the previous result ‚Äì the example below applies to a customer search
Convert: Converts the chosen entity to another entity type, i.e. convert customers to meetings to show how many meetings have been carried out within the customer group.
All: Displays all the available search criteria in one location.
Categorisation: Criteria is based on the information held on the entity record, i.e. for a customer criteria may include grade, qualifications and gender amongst other items, whilst for meetings you may see items such as style, type and budget year.
Contacts: Limits the search by contact information, i.e. all recorded interactions with a customer.
Information: Search for something specific. Items here will open a separate window that will provide details about the information required. You may need to add dates, products or be taken to a separate screen to select geographies or accounts.
Workplaces: Items here will open a separate window that will provide details about the information required. You may need to select geographies, departments or postcodes.
Build the Search
As you select different search criteria the results build on the right-hand side of the screen. Each selection will cut the data set a little further and will be denoted by an information box with a displayed total and an arrow denoting the next search criteria level.
Example: Show all my target customers that haven’t been seen for the last three months.
- Start with the entity ‚Äì select Customers
- Then filter the customer data to show only those who are also Targets:
- Open the search criteria at Categorisation and click Target
- Select the relevant target from the choices displayed
- Filter the target customers further to show only those who haven’t been seen in the last three months:
- Open the search criteria at Contacts and click Not Seen
- This will open a box that will require you to input date information.
- Add the dates or select one of the predefined options and click the OK button to complete your search.
- Click the total number at any stage of the search to view the resulting customer list.
- At the bottom of the list are icons that allow you to export your list as either a pdf document for printing or as a csv file which will open in Excel.
- Click the >>> button to close the list and return to Data Explorer.
Any record contained in the list can be selected and further options are shown on the Action tab.
Carry out more complex searches by editing the search or changing the query type to exclude certain records from your search, add search results together, or carry out several searches from the same entity.