Data Explorer – editing the search
Any one of the searches within a Data Explorer session can be edited at any time. Any searches below the edited one will recalculate accordingly. You can also save your favourite searches to use again next time.
The Data Explorer action tab includes items which relate to the search and to the overall session.
Click on any search to activate the Search Tools. The search will change colour and the available actions will become active.
Delete Search: Removes the search entirely. Data for subsequent searches will be recalculated
Edit Search: Allows changes to the criteria, e.g. you may wish to change a date range or area. Data for subsequent searches will be recalculated
Move Search Down: Switches the search position with the search immediately below. Data for subsequent searches will be recalculated
Move Search Up: Switches the search position with the search immediately above. Data for subsequent searches will be recalculated
Add Search to Favourites: Adds search to favourites which are shown at the top of the Search Criteria panel
Example: The search below shows all GPs on a territory seen at meetings. It will allow you to open a customer list, GP list and the list of meetings at which they were seen. Now amend the search to show how many Practice Managers were seen.
- Click on the GP search to select it
- Click the Edit Search action
- Change the customer type in the box that appears to Practice Manager, or Ctrl+Click to select multiple customer types
- The results numbers in any search below the one edited will change to reflect the revised criteria
- You could also change the search query to exclude meetings held with GPs, or add further searches to return meetings held during a particular time period
End the Search or Session
Session Actions are either always active, or become active as soon as a search is added.
Start New Search Session: Deletes entire session and returns to entity selection screen.
Clear Search Session: Deletes all searches below entity level.
Manage Favourites: Select which favourite searches you wish to display in the Criteria Selection panel.