Delete a location
The location no longer exists, or you’ve found a duplicate location, so you want to remove it from the location list.
Locations are not deleted from actisCRM as that would distort historical reporting. Locations can be inactivated so they no longer appear in searches or on location records, but you must ensure there are no customers attached to the location first.
- Find and open the customer record
- Scroll to the end of the customer record and untick the Active checkbox
- You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the record. Click the OK button
- Additional fields will open and you will be asked to provide a reason
- Select the Inactive Reason from the choices available in the drop-down list
- Click in the Inactive Notes field and provide any additional information you have about the customer.
- Click the Save & Exit button to close the record
Important: If your company subscribes to third-party data (Binley’s, Cegedim, etc) the details will need to be verified.