Move a territory
A territory is any level in the hierarchy tree. Sub-territories can be moved between any territories at the same level on the hierarchy tree.
In the example below, you could move a selected area from within 3.1 to 3.2 but could not move it above that level. Equally you could move 3.1 (including all its employees and sub-territories) to Business Unit 1 or 2 but could not move it above that level.
- From the menu select Administration, Employee Administration
- Click to select the territory you wish to move
- Click the Move Territory action
- Select the new Parent Territory from the drop-down options available. Only the allowed choices will be displayed.
- Click the OK button to confirm the move.
- The hierarchy tree will adjust to display the new layout.
Important: To stop users accessing the system whilst you are making changes, it’s a good idea to put the system into Administrator Mode. This means that only administrators can login.