Recording a customer call
Record a customer call or appointment and add it to the diary
Record the call details
- Find and open the customer record
- From the actions tab click Record Customer Contact
- The Contact Record (General) will load. The contact record is clearly divided into sections which ask questions:
- Complete the form with as much detail as possible. Note that some fields are marked with an asterisk which indicates that they are mandatory
- Click the Save button to save the contact record. The call will be added to the diary
Who’s making the call?
Owner/Employee: Depending on your set-up this is greyed out or populated with your name.
Accompanied By: Select from the drop-down options.
Who are you going to see?
Customer: Pre-filled with the customer you selected from the customer list.
Location: Completed automatically with contact’s location. Select an alternative location from the drop-down options if required.
Department: Completed automatically with contact’s department if known.
When will it be held?
Contact Start Time: The scheduled start time for the call.
Contact End Time: The scheduled finish time for the call.
Duration: Calculated automatically based on call start and finish time.
All Day Options: Tick the relevant checkbox for complete morning, afternoon or day meetings. These options assume a morning is from 8am ‚Äì 1pm, and afternoon from 1pm ‚Äì 6pm and a day from 8am ‚Äì 6pm. The times can be adjusted if necessary.
What type of call is it?
Contact Type: Select from drop-down options.
Pre Call Objective: Click in the field and type the objective for the call.
Future Appointment: The checkbox will be ticked automatically if a call date and start time in the future has been selected.
Confirmed Appointment: Tick the checkbox once the call is confirmed.
Results and outcomes
Notes: Click in the field and type any notes about the call.
Confidential Notes: Click in the field and type any notes about the call. Confidential notes can only be seen by members of the same team.
Next Objective: Click in the field and type the objective for the call. This objective will appear in the pre-call notes field the next time the customer is contacted.
Active: Checkbox should be ticked. Untick this checkbox to remove (delete) the call from your diary and reports.
Manage Products: Click the Manage Products button and select the products in the order they were detailed. Add further details as necessary, i.e. adoption pathway and/or objections
Record additional information
Further information about the call may be added via the options on the Navigation tab. Some or all of the options may be available.
Contact Information: Information about the call specific to your organisation. Select from the drop-down fields.
Attachments: Upload relevant documentation
- Click the Attach File button
- Browse your computer to locate the consent evidence document
- Click the Upload File button
- The document will appear in the attachments list and will be saved to our server.
More: Records bootstock information.
- Click the Add button and complete the short form that appears.
- Click the Insert button to add the information to the call record.
Samples: Click the Add Sample button and complete the short form that appears. Note that samples are more usually managed via the actisCRM offline app.
Click the Save & Exit button to save and complete the contact record.
Important: If the call is not confirmed, i.e. a planned speculative call, it will need to be confirmed before Close Week is finalised so that it is included in reporting.