Search for inactive customers
Customers can be made inactive in CRM for a variety of reasons. Just because you can’t find them in the search lists, doesn’t mean that you can’t find them at all.
- Open Data Explorer and click on the Customers icon
- In the Your Customers box, click the down-arrow button to open the advanced options
- Towards the bottom of the advanced options box, tick the Include Inactive Customers checkbox
- Click the OK button to start the search
- Now search by Inactive which can be found in the Categorisation section
- Click the OK button to carry out the search
- The number that appears represents all the inactive customers in your territory
- Click on the number to display the list of inactive customers
- The list can be sorted and filtered as required
- Double-click any customer name to open their record
- Make any changes required and, if necessary, complete any details required for third-party validation.
- Tick the Active checkbox to reactive the customer record
- Click the Save & Exit button to return to the list of inactive customers
Important: Inactive customers will not be displayed in the quick-search or advanced search lists. The customer must be made active before they appear in lists and can be included in calls and meetings.