SWOT analysis is an organised list of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats that should be considered when creating the business plan. Strengths and weaknesses are internal to your business (reputation, location, etc.). Opportunities and threats are external to your business (competitors, prices, etc.).
Important: You cannot create a SWOT analysis unless a business plan already exits.
- Open an account and navigate to SWOT
- Check the Business Plan field has been completed or select a plan from the drop-down list.
- Click New on the Actions tab.
- The analysis date will complete automatically, as will the creation details.
- The buttons which apply to each section of the analysis will become active.
- Click the Add button under each field to enter details.
- Type the details in the Description box
Add objectives to specific items within the SWOT analysis.
- Highlight the SWOT item and click the relevant Objectives button.
- Complete the objective details and click the Add button to save
- The objective will be added, and an indicator will appear against the SWOT item to show that it has objectives linked to it.
- The objective will also appear in the Business Plan from where actions can be added, and outcomes recorded.